U.S. Potato Mala Mao Cai
Ready Time: 15min 1 Review
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 10min
Prep Method: Boiled
- 500 grams U.S. Frozen Potatoes (Straight or Crinkle Cut)
- 1-liter chicken stock or purified water
- 2 tablespoon mala hot pot paste or mala xian guo paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- Few spring onions, stems
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Prep Time: 5min | Cook Time: 10min
- Cut the U.S. frozen potatoes into bite-sized cubes.
- Sauté the mala paste with some chopped garlic, ginger, and spring onion stems in a pan on medium heat until they become aromatic.
- When the chicken stock is boiling, add the sautéed mala paste.
- Add the U.S. potato cubes and boil for about another 3 minutes.
- Add some soy sauce and salt as needed.
- Add the mala soup with the U.S. potato cubes to a serving bowl and garnish with fried peanuts, white sesame seeds, and coriander leaves.
- Serve it while it’s hot.