U.S. Potato Croquettes with Shrimp and Capers
Ready Time: 52min No Reviews
Prep Time: 35min
Cook Time: 15min
Prep Method: Fried
- U.S. Dehydrated Potato Flakes - 400g
- Capers - 150g
- Chicken Stock or Water - 1 litre
- Dry Shrimp - 30g
- Egg yolk - 1 pc
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tsp
- Parsley, Chopped - A few
- Bread Crumb - As needed
Prep Time: 35min | Cook Time: 15min
- Bring water to a boil and add the U.S. dehydrated potato flakes. Simmer for 14-16 mins until they are completely cooked through.
- Drain the water and mash well. Put the mixture back into the saucepan over low heat and cook for 1-2 mins, stirring constantly to remove excess moisture.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, divide the mixture into 12 equal balls and roll each one into a short sausage shape. Chill for 10 mins in the freezer.
- Mix roasted sesame seeds with the breadcrumbs.
- Put the flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls. Roll the croquettes in the flour, followed by the beaten egg, then roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the croquettes at 180°C for 2-3 minutes.