French Onion Poutine
Ready Time: 30min No Reviews
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 20min
- 2 cups U.S. Frozen 3/8 Straight-cut Fries
- 1 Large White Onion, sliced
- 10 grams Chopped Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 50 grams Demi-glace Powder
- ½ cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
- Pepper to taste
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 20min
- To make the gravy, caramelize the chopped onions with butter, then add thyme and pepper.
- Once browned, deglaze with red wine and cook until it is reduced.
- Mix together the beef broth and demi-glace powder, then add to the onion red wine glaze and cook for another 5-8 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Fry the U.S. Frozen 3/8 Straight-cut Fries until golden brown, then place in a bowl. Top with half the cheese, then pour over as much gravy as desired, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Heat up the bowl in an oven, broiler, or microwave to melt the cheese, then serve.