Crispy Chili Garlic U.S. Fries
Ready Time: 20min No Reviews
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 10min
Prep Method: Fried
- 500 grams U.S. Frozen Potatoes (Shoestring, Straight or Crinkle Cut)
- 20 cloves garlic
- 5 pieces red chili
- 1-inch ginger, roughly mashed
- 100 grams sawtooth coriander
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A few limes
- Cooking oil, as needed
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 10min
- Pour enough cooking oil to cover all the U.S. Frozen Potatoes into a pot and heat the oil up to 180°C or 350°F.
- Once the oil turns hot, put the U.S. Frozen Potatoes in the hot oil immediately and fry them according to the product description (No need to defrost the U.S. Frozen Potatoes before frying).
- When the fries turn golden brown, take them out of the pan, and set aside.
- Sprinkle some salt and toss them well.
- Roughly grind the garlic cloves and chilies and set aside. Finely chop the ginger then grind it. Remove the roots from the saw-tooth coriander and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Add some oil into a pan. When it becomes hot, add the ground garlic and chilies then sauté until aromatic.
- Add the roughly mashed ginger, sawtooth coriander, and fish sauce then continue to sauté until they start to crunch.
- Add the fried U.S. Potatoes into the pan and gently mix them to infuse all the aroma and flavors.
- Top the dish with some lime juice as needed and serve it while it is still hot and crispy.