U.S. Potato and Meatball Soup
Ready Time: 70min No Reviews
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 60min
- 4 cups of USA Frozen Potatoes, Crinkle Cut Fries
- ½ kg Premium Ground Beef (very low in fat)
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 7 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 10 tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 L Water or Chicken Stock
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 60min
- In a bowl, mix beef, onion, 4 garlic cloves, parsley, eggs, and bread crumbs; add salt and pepper and make small meatballs, then set aside.
- Place tomatoes face down on a baking tray, add 3 garlic cloves, salt, thyme, and olive oil; bake at 200°C for 30 minutes. Remove the skin, blend them with wine and chicken stock; add salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a skillet; when it starts to boil, add meatballs; cook for 15 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread USA Frozen Potatoes Crinkle Cut Fries on a baking tray and bake at 200°C for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Serve the soup with the crinkle cut fries and parsley. Enjoy!